Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

More Pentagon Officials Out in Wake of Esper Firing

edited November 2020 in The OT Bullpen
At least 3 more top Pentagon officials resigned today. Some sources (including ABC News which I watched tonight) speculate that Trump may be getting his own people in place for “some type of military action.” I find this somewhat disturbing myself. Of course it is at this point only unfounded rumor, as no one seems to know what’s going on. Remember that Pomeo is former chief of the CIA as well as current Secretary of State. If you watched the video today, he sounded dead serious about preparing for a second Trump term. It wasn’t bravo or an idle threat.

Excerpted from linked story -

“ House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said Tuesday that it is “hard to overstate just how dangerous high-level turnover at the Department of Defense is during a period of presidential transition... ‘The resignations “could mark the beginning of a process of gutting the DoD – something that should alarm all Americans,’ Smith said in a statement released after Anderson departed. ‘As soon as Former Vice President Biden became President-Elect Biden, President Trump and those loyal to him started to sow chaos and division. It appears that chaos has now reached the Pentagon.’

“Smith also raised alarms over Anderson’s replacement, retired Army Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, Trump’s controversial nominee for the job. Tata, a frequent Fox News commentator, this summer was forced to pull his name from consideration for the Pentagon’s top policy position when his past Islamophobic tweets resurfaced. In the tweets, Tata called Obama a “terrorist leader” and a "Manchurian candidate,” and called Islam the "most oppressive violent religion I know of."

Story