Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Portfolio Construction Going Forward

Stock valuations are at an all time high while bonds are at an all time low...where do we go from here and how will today's valuations impact your portfolio allocations going forward.

The Portfolio Puzzle of Our Lifetime

Comments

• beebee
    edited November 2020
    Notes from the interview:

On the equity side... trading the gains in QQQ (Thank Q, Thank Q, Thank Q) into under valued allocations of Small Caps, Emerging Markets, and commodities.

On the Bond side... no longer a hedge for equity risk. 10 year treasury is at 0.7% . A 60/40 portfolio may successfully return 1- 3% over the next 10 years (Grantham has felt this way for the last 10 years). Retirees don't want a potential 50% equity side draw down.

Gold and commodities have upside potential of 10-12 % increase due to inflation pressure as a result of a secular weak dollar and price increases in resources (industrial output).

Be Bullish
    - China Stocks & Asia Satellite Countries
    - US Small Cap
    - Commodities
    - A weak dollar makes the rest of the world's markets strong with more stimulus on the way which may also be good for silver and gold.
    - A Global approach to equities exposure might look like (25% US / 75% Foreign)

• I held my nose and opened a new position in CSB, a small-cap value ETF. Do knives fall only or are they capable of reversing course?
  • I think they do reverse course but only in trained hands and if they're shaped like a boomerang.