Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited January 2021
    If people are asking, it probably is. That doesn't mean they won't stop paying 208 times earnings for its largest holding Tesla, which is 10% of its portfolio.
    Ransom Stoddard: You’re not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?
    Maxwell Scott: No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
  • ALL investments involve risk. The ARK funds are no different. Being an investor of some of them in the mid $50's I'm not worried, Yet. It's how one manages the risks that's important.
  • Well Cathie Wood has done extremely well and she has increased assets in her fund to $45B from $2B just a year ago. She also takes on an inordinate amount of risk. So far that has played out very well but I doubt that will continue. At some point the chickens will come home to roost. Proceed with caution
  • edited January 2021
    Absolutely Mike, I couldn't agree more. Her funds are for the most part niche segments of broader sectors within the overall marketplace. Know what you own and act accordingly. The ARK funds do not account for a majority of my portfolio, heck they barely account for a minority. However they serve a purpose and for the moment they are serving me quite well.