Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Thank you.
  • Page 16, anther reason to invest with GP !
    Stay safe, Derf
  • edited January 2021
    I think you are referring to P. 17. All GP funds out-performed their respective benchmarks by a large margin for 5+ years. Also many GP funds are Great Owl funds. What makes GP differs from other mutual fund family is close their funds at fairly low asset level (well less than $500 millions). Also they stay within their competency/expertise in the mid-small-micro cap space unlike other shops that keep on expanding just to attract new $.
  • @Sven : Page 16 says they give back 2% of revenue to worthy causes. Probably not the only fund to do this, but at the moment I can't come up with one. Plus as an investor you get your say as to where some of the funds go.
    Stay Safe, Derf
  • Sorry I missed that part. Saw the list of donations but missed the connection from previous page. How prevalent is this practice in mutual fund industry?
  • Historically, Bridgeway gave a lot of money to charity and American Century funds gives half of its revenues or profits I think to its cancer research center, which is pretty cutting edge.