Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tom Madell, PhD - Mutual Fund/ETF Research Newsletter, February 2021

In order to introduce Mr. Madell to unaware MFO readers I'm providing a link to his introductory/information page where one can select the current newsletter.

Mutual Fund/ETF Research Newsletter

Comments

• Really interesting reading. Will dig deeper this week.
  • edited January 2021
    Nice comment about VWILX at the bottom of his Feb 2021 newsletter:

"Note: I can find no fund that comes near beating my
    Recommended Fund in this category, namely VWILX."

Or, as I am more apt to say, there's VWILX then there's everybody else in its cat.
  • @Mark Thank you for this post.
  • (or VWIGX for us poor folks.
  • MIOPX, 3 yr and 5yr, is in a dead heat with VWIGX. I don't own any Vanguard funds in my fund supermarket account, but I assume there's a transaction fee. MS funds are no-load, NTF where I shop.
  • AFAIK, Vanguard funds are ntf only at Vanguard, E-Trade, and Firstrade. If Schwab somehow offered them ntf, I'd transfer my Vanguard account there in a heartbeat !
  • edited January 2021
    BenWP said:

MIOPX, 3 yr and 5yr, is in a dead heat with VWIGX. I don't own any Vanguard funds in my fund supermarket account, but I assume there's a transaction fee. MS funds are no-load, NTF where I shop.

Good point. Prior owner of it.