Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Mark December 2021
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bitcoin Buyers Flock to Investment Clubs to Learn Rules of the Road / WSJ

edited December 2021 in Other Investing

Shalair Armstrong has a busy life. She runs two chiropractic offices in Boston. She has a teenage son. Still, every weekday morning she makes time to buy some bitcoin within earshot of hundreds of strangers. … ‘WakeUp With Bitcoin’ is part of the Black Bitcoin Billionaires group on Clubhouse that has swollen to 136,000 investors in about a year.

“The crush of people flooding into crypto has left a large information void, especially for individual investors. Every time bitcoin rallies, a new wave of buyers enters the market. A survey by the exchange Crypto.com estimated there were 221 million crypto holders in June 2021, more than double the number in January. Social-media sites like Reddit, TikTok, Instagram and Telegram have become popular platforms for getting information.

*From WSJ / Saturday, December 4, 2021

What I’m wondering is whether a lot of small and inexperienced investors will loose their shirts with this before it’s all over?

*Can’t find a good link. This one brings up only the photo and a few opening words, plus a link to subscription based WSJ.
https://thenyledger.com/markets/bitcoin-buyers-flock-to-investment-clubs-to-learn-rules-of-the-road/

Comments

• For the life of me I can't figure out how this ends well for the small and inexperienced investors either.

Also, for the last 2 days I've gotten (spam/junk) emails telling me that I've boughten Coinbase or whatever. No idea how I did it, where it is, which of my accounts paid for it, nothing. BUT if I click on the link all will be revealed.