Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is the FED really tightening ???

Fed./Treasury/global Central banks............what these folks do is way past my pay level; and worse, I don't have access to their inside data. I do, however; wonder if they always think they get everything right. They likely feel they know what they're doing in a given time frame.......past that, they may feel like flipping a coin for a "policy choice". Too many moving parts, IMO; especially now.

This article wandered into my mail inbox today. It presents some ideas of what I have "wondered" about, but couldn't have expressed proper; relative to interest rate increases other policy changes. I direct this too, towards the big banks and investment houses.............are they just a bunch of rich puppies following the smell of a piece of bacon for their own reasons?
And yes, as the very long "bond" thread indicates; this a lot of bond blood in the streets at this time.

Article, Seeking Alpha

Informational only: Enjoy.
Remain curious,
Catch

Comments

• Thanks for posting this. I decided to keep more of my powder dry.

I followed the link in the article to this:
    https://moneyandmarkets.com/taylor-rule-shows-the-fed-hasnt-messed-up-this-much-in-decades/

The Fed is adding Everclear to the punch bowl.

I wonder if we will be reading more about the Taylor rule in months to come.
  • edited March 2022
    Hi @WABAC
    And your delightful avatar for; Mr. Peabody and Sherman. I can imagine I watched all of the shows in 1959 and 1960. I didn't learn some history in the pure sense, but did learn about events in history. Helped me stay curious, I do believe.
    Pleased you found value in the linked article.
  • UFF DA ! I wasn't able to read catch22 link, but WABAC was readable here. It looks to me the printing presses ran a bit to long !