Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T Rowe Funds Now NTF/No Min at Ameritrade.

edited March 2013 in Fund Discussions
If anyone is interested.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I do not know about no minimums but it's been a while since they started offering Trow funds at TDA. I moved my funds to TDA last year to consolidate my accounts.

• There are at least a couple of (perhaps esoteric) reasons that I know of not to necessarily move TRP funds to TDA (or anywhere else):
    - TRP Preferred Services (at the $100K or above level) include free M* premium membership
    - TRP (and now Vanguard) are the only places I know that provide no fee solo 401K accounts with a Roth option (i.e. Roth 401k). (Vanguard requires you to be at Voyager level for the fee waiver.)

If these don't apply to you, then consolidating at TDA may make life easier. (Well, it may make life easier in any case, but it could make life more expensive if you're giving up a free benefit.)
  • In my case, I had an account with insignificant amounts, hence consolidated. Of course, I understand that these agreements with fund companies can change anytime in future and Trow can become TF again at a later point of time.