Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Best, Free Mutual Fund Fund Screeners?

Does anyone have recommendations free mutual fund fund screeners? M* used to have a couple that I enjoyed using, but they seem to have moved these over to the Premium side or gotten rid of them altogether. I have some through my brokerages. Which ones would you recommend?

Comments

• Mfo premium which costs less than 200$ is better than anything in the market one can get. It’s practically free.
  • 200$ is annual
  • Your library may have free access to MF premium from your device . I get this access via my local library
  • Man am I out of touch! While I am not debating the merits of MFO and the information provided and available since when did $200 become practically free? Sure inflation is upon us but holy crap.
  • edited March 2023
    I apologize. My instinct is to compare the amount I would invest vs the cost of research. That doesn’t have to be everyone’s metric. I find fidelity to be ok as well.
  • @Devo - not necessary to apologize. FWIW I agree with you re: invest-research-value. The free word smacks one in the face however.
  • Doesn't MFO have a great mutual fund screener?
  • I gorked out with my note above. What I meant was Morningstar with its screeners was available not MFO premium ,at my library.
  • we can always edit our posts
  • I find the M* screener rather stiff and has far fewer items to screen on than MFO
  • Without paying MFO Premium has one to use some of its feature. Paying the subscription opens up all the capabilities for comparison, especially on risk assessment. Portfolio Visualizer has a free but limited version depending on your needs.