Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• ROSOX has underpeformed 100% cash holdings since inception. Will the fund be returning the management fees to shareholders?

I have my doubts about this one going forward...one of top holdings is PUMA...ask any German teen/young adult and they will tell you none of the cool kids rock PUMAs...likely a number three or four sneaker choice over there...but, but, the fundamentals, yada yada yada...

Isn't this fund more a currency play going forward...you prolly better in something like RESD Wisdom Intl ESG fund...(I see your NWBOC WBE certification and raise you a ESG Rondure...sheet....94.25% of investors don't care if the peoples running their monies are white, black, brown, blue hair, men, lefty's, conservatives, women, LGBT etc as long as they are of good character, high degree of integrity and perform...i.e, make shareholders money)

Best Regards,

BF
  • @Baseball_Fan,

"has underpeformed 100% cash holdings"

Based on your recent posts, "cash holdings" appears to be your choice comparative asset. If you would like your comparison to be useful to readers, you should define what you mean by "cash holdings" each time you mention it. Is it non-interest paying bank account, mutual fund money market fund, or something else.
  • @BaluBalu, thx for the reply...I'm referring to short duration T-Bills...of which most would say are the "safest" investment one could make....so why pay fees, take risk for a fund that cannot even out perform T-Bills....

To your point of choice comparative asset...I fully recognize that I am not comparing apples vs apples (cash vs interantioanl stock fund) but...looking at it as a benchmark hurdle, point of entry...what does it say about a fund mgr 's acumen and capaiblities who cannot outperform "cash" over several years?
  • @Baseball_Fan,

I was not passing a judgement on your process or the fund (which I do not own). I was only making a suggestion to improve the readability of your post(s) for the readers' benefit, under the assumption that one would like the readers to benefit from one's thoughts / analysis. No need to do it for me. Thanks.
  • By any measure known to me, the Rondure funds disappoint.
  • edited November 2023
    BenWP said:

By any measure known to me, the Rondure funds disappoint.

Yes. First time I’ve looked at it, but ROSOX doesn’t seem to have held water as overseas funds go. Wondering how much, if any, the fund is hedged against currency fluctuations. That can play a huge part.

I’m not sure comparing any equity fund to cash is fair. By definition, funds that invest in just about any asset class aside from cash (stocks, commodities, bonds) should be expected to endure periods of underperformance. Agreed - at 7+ years of age, you’d expect this fund to have made a more respectable showing.
  • edited November 2023
    After Laura Geritz founded Rondure, there were numerous articles praising her prior record at Wasatch.
    I thought ROSOX might be a potentially good foreign fund.
    I haven't followed the fund or firm for years.
    ROSOX performance has certainly been underwhelming.
    The fund's 5 Yr return (as of 11/24/23) of only 0.85% lagged 99% of Foreign Large Growth funds.