Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Just in time to fleece the sheep
  • Reply to @Mark: I thought the same thing when it seemed like the amount of EM debt funds seemingly went from 4 to 40.

MLPs may continue to be popular, they may not - I continue to like them (especially a couple) as long-term holds. If they drop, I'll just continue to reinvest.

Personally, I'm not going to try to call valuations, bubbles or the like in this market anymore - if I like the business and get paid to wait, great.
  • edited April 2013
    I, too, like the ones I hold and have no current intentions of selling nor am I adding too at these levels. It's not just the proliferation and hype of MLP centric funds but also of the MLP's themselves. When the bungi cord snaps back, that will be the time to add to my positions. For those that cannot access ntf funds I think owning CEF's is the way to go.
  • edited April 2013
    Reply to @Mark: I agree. I didn't have any intention of adding further either, although I did end up buying a bit of NTI yesterday (although that was down something like 22% in the past few weeks), but I can't see adding to it. Kinder and Brookfield Infrastructure remain my main long-term MLP holdings.