Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Average pay $8.5M per season in NBA

edited January 1 in Off-Topic
”Salaries in the NBA had been rising steadily for decades, but the last TV deal in 2016 supercharged this development and increased salaries by over 60% within only 3 years. It's fair to say, that NBA players don't have to worry about feeding their family, but just how rich are they really? Let's find out! ...

The average NBA player earns $8.5M during the 2021-22 season.”

Source

Only in America No moral here. It is what it is. I admire the athleticism of these guys. Who would enjoy traveling city-to-city day after day? Playing on Christmas & New Year’s holidays? Watched LeBren James play a couple nights ago on this 39th birthday. One hard working talented dude. What I wonder about are the tempations that kind of wealth must create for some. Drugs, extravagant spending, failing to keep in shape, infidelity & more …

Comments

• Temptation seems to me to be better distributed than money.

While some athletes may have the means to explore more expensive temptations, I doubt that makes them any more susceptible than other people with money to burn.

One thing I have noticed about top-tier athletes over the years is their burning desire to keep their bodies in shape through dedicated study and hard work. Athletes like that help raise the average salary, but have little effect on league minimum salaries.