Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Seven times size of Manhattan: the African tree-planting project making a difference

It's good to see Trees For The Future is getting a little recognition. I have been providing financial support for its holistic approach to reforestation since the 1990's.

Tree-Planting Project

Comments

• edited March 13
    That's great; practical, sustainable solutions for local people and climate. The style of practical design reminds me of CATIE (kah-tee-aay), a tropical research & education center for Latin America and the Caribbean that's been around for fifty years or so.

I got to visit the original research/education farm in Costa Rica in the '80s and saw several private farms where the design was being carried out. CATIE has about a dozen member nations these days and bills itself as being like a land-grant university for the region, researching and educating about healthy land use and prosperous farming.