Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Resources/The Navigator, drop down list moved to left & partial overlay

edited April 2013 in Technical Questions
Accipiter's wonderful tools listed in the "Resources" drop-down menu on the MFO header bar are of great value, for those who choose to use the tools.

---A recent "burp" now shows for my pc/Ipad use and wondering if anyone else has seen or does see a similar problem.

1. mouse hover on "Resources"
2. drop-down menu appears
3. click/select "The Navigator"

Note: all is well to this point, and for those who have not used, "The Navigator"; a primary function is to find funds/etf's via a name search.

4. the insertion page is displayed
5. I type in the fund box: consumer (or your choice), for a list of funds containing this name.
6. as is normal, after about 6 letters; an auto list is generated of name related funds.

---The problem is that the list, which normally generates down the center of the page; is now shifted to the left page edge and the MFO header/banner lays on top of some of the fund(s) list.

This condition exists using Windows 7, IE build 9; with all cache and related cleared each day; and the same indications when using an Ipad 4.

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• Same for XP IE8, no accessibility options turned on, smallest to largest font. List pops up on left and for:
    Fund characters FS
    Visible list begins at FSAGX: Fidelity Select Gold Pt
    Hidden list (covered by banner): FSAAX: Fidelity Advisor Asset Manager 60% Class A
    FSABX: Fidelity Advisor Asset Manager 60% Class B
    FSACX: Nuveen Strategy Aggressive Growth Allocation Fd Cl C
    FSADX: Strategic Advisers Income Opportunities Fd of Fds
    FSAEX: Fidelity Series All Sector Equity Fund
    FSAFX: Forward Strategic Alternatives Fund Investor Class
  • edited April 2013
    When did you first notice this problem occurring? Or perhaps when did it last work as expected? I suspect it will happen for all browsers. So, the info most needed is when did the problem start?
  • Howdy Accipiter,

I first noticed the change this morning (8 a.m., April 20).

Uh, memory problem with this. Best guess is about 2 months ago when use was "normal".
    I wish that I could be specfic, as to a date; as I know this is of value for what you are looking for inside Wordpress or other related programs/changes.
    Hopefully, others may provide a true date related experience.

Catch
  • edited April 2013
    Reply to @catch22:

the problem i have, is I don't know if it is a result of a wordpress change or the update last weekend. I'll look into fixing after I receive more info, because it works fine on my test server, I am not sure what is happening on mfo's server.

edited:
    Chip?? when was wordpress updated? the problem probably occurred then and not during the forum upgrade this past weekend.

• update: theoretically fixed. I hoping the cure does not break other things in WordPress.

thx for the heads up. @catch22 and @Anna

Although I won't know if it is fixed for you until I get feedback!
  • Hi Accipiter,

Bingo !!! All is well. The funds list now populates down the center of the page; as with the original program.

Thank you again for your time and efforts with this great tool that you have generously provided for our benefit.

Note: just to be on the good side of life; I did a pc restart and full clear of cache and related history on the pc I am using for the test.

Respectfully,
    Catch
  • Reply to @Accipiter:

Working for me now too. Thanks, Accipiter. Boy are you quick.