Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PRWCX...What's Ahead?

beebee
edited April 2013 in Fund Discussions
"As the new year unfolds, Giroux considers equities to be more attractive than other asset classes and sees limited value and real risk of losses in traditional fixed income securities. He has positioned the fund to benefit from businesses that allocate capital wisely, to reduce the impact of rising interest rates on shareholders, and to own companies that may unlock value for shareholders through a corporate event."

T.-Rowe-Price-Insights/Fund-Manager-Views/Capital-Appreciation-Fund

Comments

• Is there anyone who thinks bonds are more attractive than stocks going forward. People need to come up with something original.

I manage money for family at T. Rowe Price. I'm increasingly going to cash after selling PRHSX and PRWCX. I don't think there is anything compelling about traditional active management at this point. Index R Us.
  • edited May 2013
    Reply to @VintageFreak: Technically and "logically", bonds appear less attractive than stocks going forward. That said, it gets to a point where there's an awful lot of people on the stock side of the boat. Personally, I like stocks - I have a set of things that I want to own for the long-haul. However, the daily round of "professionals" advising to get out of bonds and into stocks is becoming repetitive to the point of concern.