Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Reply to @johnN:

I'm not familiar with "these guys"; but your link is about long term bonds. Are "these guys" bearish or have been bearish about some other sectors, too?

From the article:
    "These prices are distorted," Singer said of the long-term bonds.

Is there not distortion everywhere with the numerous central bank policies in place, with more added this week? The gambling house has all of the doors open at this time. Hopefully, no one gets crushed in the rush to the exits.

What say you, johnN?
  • Hi Catch - in terms of bonds. I would trust Gunlach, Gross more than I trust Warren Buffett. I do believe you need 'put your money in all buckets' mentalities to reap the rewards of the markets. I do believe long term bonds may have problems if rates continue to climb, we've started buying more short/intermediate bonds recently [although long term bonds look very attractive if they have good credits].
    I think E.Wave and their group - is always bearish no matter what happen to the market. they sounds like GOP always crying even though we have a good long sustained recovery.

So are your portfolio still in mostly good bond funds [we do miss your weekly reads]
    regards - JNN
  • Up to my arse in work here and not much time for checking things as before.

About 30% equity, with the majority holdings (not in any order) of:
    LSBDX, FSHOX, VTI, FRIFX, PTTRX, PONDX, FAGIX, SPHIX, FHIIX, DIHYX

Several retirement accts have to be moved/consolidated, which will remove the holdings from an active investment status to be re-invested into something else. Not looking forward to that project.

We are not burning the house down (big returns YTD) with our low exposure to equities, but we will also not burn the portfolio house down; if the equity market decides to take a dump.
    So, no big bitching about anything here.

Gotta leave..............