Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oakseed Opportunity Fund (SEEDX)

edited May 2013 in Fund Discussions
Has anyone seen any updates as far as the portfolio composition of this fund? This fund has two well proven managers in Greg Jackson and John Park, Not only do they have outstanding track records but they are heavily invested personally in this fund. I'd like to see where they are invested to see if this fund would be a good compliment to my other holdings

Jim

Comments

• Excellent question. I was intrigued by David's write-up on the fund, but there is so little information available to evaluate it on their website. No quarterly updates and no fact sheet. If anyone has any additional information, I'd be very interested in seeing it. David, are you aware if they plan to provide any more data for potential investors? thank you.
  • When we spoke, they were very careful not to speak about their portfolio except in very general terms ("mostly larger cap names," that sort of thing) because they're anxious not to get in dutch with the SEC over what might be disclosed as a private disclosure of portfolio information.

I've poked at them about the poverty of their website. They allow for the theoretical possibility of a site with more content, but it's clear they're still in the "free to be me" phase - a reaction to what the saw as a substantial imbalance between marketing and managing at their private equity fund. I'll ask again, Monday, to see if they have a sense of when the first portfolio information will be publicly available.

I'll share what I learn.

David
  • from John Park, half of Jackson Park Capital LLC, the advisors:

Hi David,

Thanks for the email. Our first holdings report, as of March 31, 2013, should be filed toward the end of this month. We plan on having a fact sheet up shortly thereafter that will be downloadable on the website. The semi-annual report is likely to be July or August, but I'm not yet sure of the exact time frame since this is our first year and the fund board will determine the precise timing.

Hopefully this is helpful. Thanks so much for your interest and please feel free to contact us any time.

Best regards,
    JP
  • Thanks very much David for checking into this. Looking forward to getting more info on the fund.
  • Awesome, thanks

Jim