Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

P-I-N-G Skeeter

Art
edited May 2013 in Fund Discussions
Skeeter, Market Leadership Strategy has not updated this week. Has this happened before?

Website says "Data Updated Every Monday by 12:00 pm Central Time ". Not this week.

Art

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi Art and others,

I am aware there was no update this week ... however, I have no knowledge as to why. I checked it Monday, Tuesday and today .... no update.

Since, I am pretty much positioned I was going to wait till Monday the 20th to see if an update was forthcoming before making an inquiry.

I did get the Invest With An Edge weekly newsletter today and the styles are much different form those posted in the strategy. I believe, you will be able to access the newsletter tomorrow in the archives section; and, with this, I have provided a link to it just in case you are interested.

http://investwithanedge.com/newsletter-archives

By the Strategy (05/06/13) I have 73% of my equities in the top five style positions and by the newsletter (05/15/13) I have 39% of my equities in its top five style positions. I beleieve the strategy is slower moving in adjusting the leaders while the newsletter is more reflective of the current time as they seem to be changing positions weekly. I compare my portfolio's Xray style report to both the strategy and newsletter weekly although I seldom make weekly adjustments. I like to see how things are moving and if I feel I am too light the faster moving styles then I'll make some changes to catch the market current(s).

If I learn someting in the meantime ... I'll make another post.

Skeeter
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Art,

The strategy has now been updated with a date of 05/13/2013; and, in review, I now have 67% of my equities in the top five positions. It is also interesting through Friday May 17th I am up 9.3% ytd while the Lipper Balanced Index is up 9.1% so the Index has closed the gap over the last week or so on me. I believe this is due, in part, to me being a seller of equities, at a measured pace, during their recent advancement thus keeping my equity allocation in check. Perhaps, I now hold less equity now than the Index. And, if a pull back should come ... Well, I have positioned for it.

I have provided a link below to the strategy for those interested:

http://investwithanedge.com/leadership-strategy

Skeeter

• Hello,

For those interested I have linked below the most recent Leadership Strategy Report for May 20, 2013.

http://investwithanedge.com/leadership-strategy

Good Investing,
    Skeeter