Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mr. Snowball, Friendly Fire...short M* article

Comments

• edited June 2013
    hi, Catch!

JR shared the story with me, with a friendly exchange of emails, before it ran. As of late last evening about 250 people had clicked through. (Update: 278 as of Thursday night, plus 61 from their discussion forums.)

I still think I'm right. the Great Man promises to wave at next week's conference.

David
  • edited June 2013
    Sweet. Maybe there is some hope for M* after all. I find them typically non-responsive to subscribers. Unfortunately, as much as we complain, they offer more than any other alternative out there, so far anyway.
  • Yuh ... one of the downsides to being, effectively, a monopoly is that you lose some of the visceral incentive to excellence.

Mr. Rekenthaler, who is celebrating a quarter century as one of the Wizards on Wacker, remains pretty adamant about the need for pursuing the highest standards they can. The question is, does the average Morningstar employee wake every morning, wondering "how can we provide more-excellent service to our readers?" I'm thinkin' "uhhhhhh .... "

David