Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I just got'ta say to all here at MFO.....

edited June 2011 in Off-Topic
Howdy,

Well, I am still at battle with some nasty head cold crap that is traveling our area....so, I am not alone in this; but I sure do want to scream each and everyday; as this medical condition is really getting in the way of all projects, both investing and all the other summer plans at this house. Our house looks like a train wreck from the projects that became stopped in their tracks....:)

Although I note this in the beginning of the full "Our Funds Boat" report; I must state again that I/we are most pleased that we found FA; and of course its migration to MFO. And the most pleasing aspect is that the majority of the FA group are also here to continue to provide such wonderful insights, thoughts and thinking and the links.

The investing world at this house would be a much different place without all of you here. FA and MFO have and will continue to be/have one of the most profound, positive affects on our lives going forward. The full retirement door is likely within one year; and all of you here have and will continue to allow this period of our lives be much more rewarding and fulfilling.

Thank you again; to each and everyone !!!

And NO, this is not written under the influence of any medications.........:):):)

Our best to all,

Catch/Mark 2

Comments

• Hi Catch22,
    I feel the same way about finding fundalarm. I am very thankful that David started MFO so that the unique group of people could stay together as there is a trust that has built over the years. If I never found fundalarm, I probably would still be investing through the bank and still losing money!

I hope you feel better soon and think that everyone should check out the information about vitamin D and how it really helps because most of us are deficient. I know that where I live we don't get enough sunshine and even my sister who lives in Florida doesn't because she is indoors a lot. My husband has started taking 5000 units a day and his allergies have diminished. There are some really good sites about it, one is http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/how-to-get-your-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-supplementation/
    and Dr. Mercola has a great one hour lecture on vitamin D, just google it.

My best to you.
  • I hope you feel better soon, Catch, bad colds like that just drain you from feeling any energy to do anything.

Add my name to grateful subscribers to FA/MFO. Definitely a "safe haven" for me.

Cathy
  • edited June 2011
    Catch,

It has been a tough cold huh? Make sure to have it checked if you have not already. Such long running colds are not good.

DAK: I am not sure of 5000IU of Vitamin D. Unlike water soluble vitamins like Vitamin B group which excess intake are discarded in urination as fat soluble ones like Vitamin D and E are toxic in large doses. I would not exceed 1000IU of Vitamin D unless under the supervision of a doctor.