Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mairs & Power transition planning

edited July 2013 in Fund Discussions
William Frels handed over lead manager responsibilities on July 1st, 18 months ahead of his retirement.
http://www.mairsandpower.com/images/Press Release FINAL.pdf

Comments

• Effected funds:

Mairs & Power Growth Fund (MPGFX)
    Mairs & Power Balanced Fund (MAPOX)
  • I REALLY like the looks of Parnassus, which was recommended to me with the new stash of bread I was expecting and just received, in mind. But I truly don't want (or NEED?) 10 (TEN!) different funds to hold a figure that is reaching again for a "mere" $115,000.00....................
    (PRBLX) ......And so, I was thinking to throw that new load into MAPOX, which I already own---since the reasonable thing is to stay domestic this time. I'm wondering if the Manager change is a thing to worry about?
  • edited July 2013
    New leads have been co-managers of their respective funds since 2006. I wouldn't call the change worry-free, but it lends some confidence.
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: Exactly the same concerns were expressed when Mr. Frels took over Mairs and Power Growth from Mr. Mairs in 2004. Oh sure, he'd been the co-manager for five years but he wasn't The Big Guy. Seems to have worked out okay and Mairs and Power Small Cap appears to be following along.

David
  • That's reassuring, David. Thank you.