Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Scout Emerging Markets Fund SEMFX

edited July 2013 in Fund Discussions
Anyone have any insight on this fund other than what I can find on Morningstar? I am interested in a multicap emergine markets fund and this one would seem to fit the bill.....however I know nothing about the managers and am weary of the Scout line of funds considering it seems like they have had to recently liquidated funds out of their small line up. I would like to invest in Thornburg's Developing Markets fund, but can't bring myself to pay the transactions fee and load through Fidelity.

Comments

• Hi Heathbob,

According to M*, both SEMFX managers were prior analysts with no fund management experience. That is a huge red flag for me. I would watch but not buy this fund.

In the multi-cap EM equity space, I continue to like THDIX which has performed consistently well since inception. This fund is available NL in Fidelity retirement accounts for a reasonable minimum and a $75 TF. I bought my shares at Fidelity and then moved them to Wellstrade where I purchased more shares with NTF and no brokerage-specific early redemption fee. This is an excellent fund with a reasonable expense ratio, so I had no indigestion about paying the $75 TF.

Kevin