Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• bee July 2013
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Economic principles & Japan's money policy

edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
Apparently, my sense of economics and policies; not unlike Elvis, "has left the building".
Japan did the big money infusion several months ago with the premise of causing at least a 2% inflation rise within the next few years. Okay, so they have killed the value of the Yen and of course; caused many import related items to increase in cost. So, the Japanese citizen will indeed find inflation.
I wondered about all of this when the inflation/kill the Yen plan was introduced.

Is this not just a bunch of "pretend and fluff" monetary policy?

I must really be missing something with all of this and how this plan will benefit Japan in general and the citizens in particular. NOTE: Yes, a cheaper Yen may increase exports; but will not the cost to manufacture items increase? Will this not hurt company earnings?
The bottom line is that they may be able to state that there is no longer deflation; but now inflation.

What positive economic principle am I missing?

Japan prices rise most since 2008

Please feel free to provide an electronic kick to my arse to help me understand what I am missing.

Hey, take care.
Catch

Comments