Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

S&P 500 Will Close Year At 1775 Up Another 5%:

Comments

• YTD of S&P is up 20%. I will take it for another 5% gain. Question will it get there, not that I am being pessimistic?
  • Well, maybe. I don't follow Europe too closely, but, based on the NPR stories I've heard, the PIIGS don't seem to be doing all that well, and there was a recent (non-NPR) comment that Germany's bonds might be down-rated. China is so-so. EM might be so far down that it has to rise, but the timing isn't certain (and the article has a 6 month window). I'd be VERY happy with 5% for the rest of the year. Could this guy just be trying to increase the churn for their accounts?
  • Deutsche Bank see S&P at 1660 by year's end along with these other estimates:

Reference:
    June Report