Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Market Strategist Jeffery Saut's Take

edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
In this weeks edition of Jeffery Saut’s commentary Mr. Saut feels caution is warranted. He states, that he knows both old traders and bold traders; but, he knows no old bold traders. So with this, I have linked his commentary below for those that are looking for a good read on current market conditions and perhaps in its reading you might discover an investment strategy.

http://www.raymondjames.com/inv_strat.htm

Have a great day … and, “Good Investing.”

Skeeter

Comments

• edited July 2013
    "The worst thing you can do in this business is try to protect a bad trade. You do this and they carry you out of here." Kleinfield certainly has a good grasp of the vernacular:-) Thanks for the different take on markets Skeet.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi hank,

For me there are little opportunities for my style of investing currently in the market, at the present time. I like to buy (position new money) when good value prevails and the market is selling accross the board at a discount. Based upon the market’s current price level I am finding little value. However, there are three sectors that have caught my eye … energy, materials and telecom. All of these are currently oversold by about ten percent according to Morningstar. Some I know are saying it is way too early to open positions in them; however, I did recently opened a few special toe hold positions, in them, along with adding to my European rebound position.

We shall see how this goes.

Skeeter

• edited July 2013
    Reply to @Skeeter: Energy I continue to like CVX, RDS (A/B) and COP. BOA analyst on yesterday on CNBC talking about how energy was the most underowned it has been in quite a few years.

Telecom I like Canadian Bell (BCE) - which owns channels like Bravo, HBO and Discovery in Canada via Bell Media; Singtel, which owns mobile ad firm Amobee and has been investing in other various start-ups (SGAPY) and Verizon (VZ). China Mobile is probably cheap at this point but not something I'm interested in.

• beebee
    edited July 2013
    Reply to @Skeeter:

I own the materials sector through VAW which yeilds 2%. Vanguard also offers telecom through VOX and energy through VDE. Thanks for sharing your views of the market and your investing strategies. What do you see interesting in the Europe...possibly VGK?
  • edited August 2013
    Hi bee,

Thank you for your question as to what I see intersting in Europe?

I could state many reasons why I put a special Greater Europe rebound investment position into play recently. My thinking in doing this as it is turnning out to have some merit. In this weeks edition of Invest With An Edge newsletter Europe has moved from sixth place to first place in the Global Edge Ratings. The July 31st edition will be available for investor reading soon through the archives section which I have linked below.

Seems Europe is on an upward move. We shall see how long it keeps this momentum. So keep checking back and reading the newsletter as it is pretty good at following market momentum.

http://investwithanedge.com/

In addition, after I made this post Breakout did a feature with Josh Brown that is titled "European Rally Has Room to Run." I have linked it below for those that might be interested.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/european-rally-room-run-josh-brown-120321695.html

My best,
    Skeeter