Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Logging On

TedTed
edited August 2013 in Technical Questions
Chip; Once again I'm having trouble staying logged-on to MFO. The last couple of week everything has been fine, and I though the problem had been solved. But once again when I go to Discussion, MFO doesn't regonize me, and ask me to log-on
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• edited August 2013
    It happens approximately once a month on any browser you logged in. Say you have 3 computers and on 2 computers you use 2 browsers so you have a total of 5 browsers. Each browser maintains a login cookie. When the cookie expire you will login again. Not a big deal...

If you clear your cookies or some other program does it for you it can be more often. If the frequency is more than once on the same browser check your own computer.
  • Hi, Ted.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble, again. Investor is likely correct in saying that it's a cookie problem. If it only happens about once a month, I'd suggest just chalking it up to a bit of an annoyance. However, if it continues to happen daily, on the same computer, with the same browser, then we could try taking a look at your settings and installed programs to see if we can find the problem.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Best,
    chip
  • The only time I have trouble logging on (forget staying logged on) is when I try from my iPad.
  • ------ME TOO---- HAVING SAME PROBLEM AS REFERRED TO BY TED