Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Seven Days with Barry Ritholtz

edited August 2013 in Off-Topic
I will presume there are some individual investors who have a list of folks they would be inclined to "chat, visit, brain pick" with; given the opportunity.
I will choose Barry Ritholtz. Mr. Ritholtz's writings cover a vast range of areas, and not always directed straight towards anything related to investing. His "Big Picture" blog, in my opinion, is aptly titled. He apparently has the cranial ability to absorb vast amounts of information, make a formulation of thought and ideas from that information and importantly, able to generally present the distilled thoughts into an understandable and readable form.

The choice, if available; would be at least 3 hours a day, for seven days; and likely revolve around lunch or dinner. I would need the remaining hours of each day to attempt to digest the answers to questions.

Mutual Fund Trends

Financial data

Perhaps you have a name or two on your list that you choose to share here.

NOTE: I'll let you know when I receive my invitation.....:)

Take care,
Catch

Comments

• Dear catch22: For your information, I have been linking many of Barry Ritholtz's "Big Picture"
    articles for some time, and already linked "Mutual Fund Trends."
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited August 2013
    Reply to @Ted:

Yup! And your point is ???

I'm sure more folks than yourself read his blog or Washington Post articles.

As to your link, too; looking at the time frames of the postings, I was in "post-production/edit" when you posted. "My bad", eh?

My point is directly stated in the subject line and has nothing to do with your previous or current links regarding Mr. Ritholtz/Big Picture.

Is there some kinda "link" race taking place here at MFO that I am not aware of at this time?

Say "Hi" to Mr. Ritholtz for me; and have a great remainder of your day, too.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Reply to @catch22: Will call you, don't call us !!!
  • beebee
    edited August 2013
    A lunch with you and Ted would be interesting...no sharp flatware please...just a menu of hot tongue and possiby cold shoulder. Glad you both contribute here.

Any common viewpoints you share are worthy of mutual flattery from where I stand.

Looking forward to picking up the tab sometime.

• edited August 2013
    Reply to @bee: That's a nice idea. They might learn they're next door neighbors or first cousins.
    OMG