Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Janus Funds Post Highest Withdrawls In More Than Three Years

Comments

• "A single client redeemed $1.3 billion from the now $7 billion Janus Fund in July"

Interesting that one investor held that much of the Janus Fund itself.
  • Reply to @JohnChisum: Probably an institutional client.
  • I fail to understand why Janus has ANY investors, given their past misdeeds and attempts to obfuscate them, not to mention the history of managers coming and leaving. As the old quote goes..."There is no there, there."
  • Reply to @BobC: Totally agree with you there. Any suspicion of impropriety would lead me to pull my money from such firm. Some investors have short memories it seems.
  • Totally agree with Bob and Chisum (really need to see that movie!). I have a very long memory of people who have "screwed me over" with their "lies and thieving". I'm not pissed off at M* for no reason.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I do own one Janus Fund - JPVDX which generates some income for me that I spend on nonsense. Also one thing I realized about Janus is their money market fund seems to be very good:)