Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Particular question re: interpreting the numbers

Hello.
It's been a while, so I just Instant X-Rayed my stuff using the M* tool. The results show my portfolio's YIELD at 4.22%. The comparison number, for the S&P 500 shows 2.27........ Does that mean my yield is 2.27 TIMES the S & P 500 yield?

Otherwise: two-thirds of my equity holdings are in Asia. (I never did get afflicted with the home-country bias!) That includes Japan, Asia Dev. and Asia Emerg... My USA equity portion is up to 9% now. Total for North America = 17.07%. UK = 3.15%....And Africa/Middle East is at 4.44%..... What I hold in continental Europe is negligible. I'd love to have the wherewithal to throw some money at Europe right about now.

Cash 2%
Equities 52%
Bonds 44%
"other" 2%

No surprises..... Holdings: DLFNX MAPOX MSCFX SFGIX TRAMX PREMX MACSX MAPIX MAINX.

Comments

• Not quite.. Your yield is: (4.22%-2.27%)/2.27%=.86 (86% higher than the s&p yield). Add 1 to this number to get 1.86 to obtain the figure for your yield (e.g. your portfolio is 1.86 times the s&p 500 yield).

You have an interesting mix of investments!
  • Thanks a lot, Lord Nelson. I'd NEVER be able to arrive at that on my own. Holy flying spaghetti makers!
  • No problem - glad to help you out MaxBialystock!