Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Hi Skeeter,

Well, I am just hopping around through the MFO posts and runn'in my written mouth of thoughts, for what value; if any, it may be. We all get some personal pressure valve relief here, eh?

Ah, the gov'ts, local, state and fed...still all playing the big games and with great, grand and sometimes strange plans that don't seem to fit ryhme or reason many times.

The MI republican controlled gov't recently increased some personal taxes in order to offset a lose in revenue in order to rework the business tax structure (which was very junky for many businesses) in an attempt to attract more business to the state.

I noted severeal times in writes to the governor and the high ups in the senate and representative chambers that the main road block to getting large business companies into MI is the fear of having to unionize the workforce. None of the government folks even want to discuss this issue. But, it is very clear of the past path, as the foreign auto companies that could have taken advantage of the MI infrastructure chose to build new plants in the south and away from the union organization. This has been going on for 25 years........duh, can't read the writing on the wall, eh???

I am not anti worker or anti union; but I am anti stupid and this is the path the large unions have been on for 25 years. The utopian worker rights. We know how this has worked out in MI.........the children and grandchildren have had to leave the state to find other work. Is all of this the blue collar workers fault........no. But, there were never enough workers who were willing or cared to move against the "take it all" that was continued to be pushed by the upper levels of the unions.

This wheel has turned full circle now and this is not good either, as there needs to be a middle ground to protect any worker against the machinations of any company and have their day in the court of fariness. If one is not in a union in MI, there is little problem with any company firing someone and that person has no recousre at all. On the other hand, about the only method of firing a unionized person, is if they committ a murder. Exception; Chrysler whacked about 13 folks a year or so ago, when they all were on video in the parking lot doing some funny weed and having some brews. But, at least in the past, firing anyone with a union job was very, very rare.

Oh, well.............enough of my rant and kinda trailed away from the basis of the posted link, but really all related and similar problems coming to a head.

Take care,
    Catch