Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oakseed Opportunity Fund Institutional Class Changes

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• TedTed
    edited August 2013
    Dear Maurice: I agree, this fund is run of the mill.
    Regards,
    Ted

Fund return Category Index
    (S&P 500) % rank in category Quintile rank
    YTD::( SEDEX 14.40%) ( Category Return 19.97% ) (S&P 500 Return 17.80%) ( % rank in category 91%( ( Quintile 5 )
    Source Lipper
  • If you go by John Park's record at ACTWX, the fund is more likely to shine when the market is going down than when it is going up (as has been the case this year). Take a look at the ACTWX chart from 1998 to 2004.

Multiple caveats here: how much of the SEDEX performance will be driven by Park vs. Jackson; to what extent is the ACTWX performance driven by Park vs. analysts/other team members at the Acorn funds; SEDEX seems to be more large cap focused than ACTWX.

BWG
  • Yes. I see nothing compelling about Oakseed at this point. Its not about performance. I don't see a differentiator.