Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Looking for TRP fund with high Healthcare allocation

Anyone know which TRP fund has a higher Healthcare allocation than most? Not looking to invest in PRHSX since it has redemption fee.

Thanks much.

Comments

• Howdy!

Just a quick statistical scan on my way out the door to a neighborhood party. I checked for TRP funds with health care weights about their category averages, then trashed the few that were just a fraction of a percent above. Here's the rest!

David

T. Rowe Price Growth & Income is 13.5%, category average is 11%.

New American Growth is 16%, average is 11%

Mid-cap Growth is 16%, average is 10%.

New Horizons is 18.7%, average is 13.5%

Small Cap Stock is 12.5%, average is 8%
  • Vintage,
    TRP Health Science does not have a redemption fee...just checked the TRP website. If I am not mistaken, TRP is fairly strict about market timing and you may be frozen out with a certain number of fund "round trips". Regards.
  • edited July 2011
    To follow up on MikeM2's point, all TRP's funds except m-mkts have a trading limit of one round trip every 90 days, and you have to keep up with the buy-sell dates and the rolling 90-day periods yourself, as the online account features don't include any notice when you're about to violate it by entering a buy or sell at the wrong time. If you mess up, they send you a nasty-gram telling you to watch your step or you'll be frozen out of a fund completely.

TRP reps have told me twice in the last year that the co. is planning to change this dumb setup (e.g., Vanguard's 60-day rule is set up so the web site won't let you buy any more of a fund when you've already used up your buy-sells on it in any period), but apparently nothing's happened yet on the supposed changes at TRP.

And right, no redemption fee on Prhsx ...
  • Thanks MikeM2 and David Snowball. You are the best.
    Copy that AndyJ on the "roundtrip". Yawl have made my day.