Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Thanks Ted. I really look forward to your daily portfolio updates. Regards
  • TedTed
    edited August 2013
    Reply to @hank: Thanks Hank, the day started ugly and only got worse by the close. The latest "wall of worry" is Syria. This to shall pass ! My two bond funds PONCX & PBDCX were up, my equity funds were down
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Reply to @Ted: Thanks for the courteous reply. It wasn't very kind of me to ask. Yes - other than a couple bond funds and a little up-side on PRPFX - pretty much all red. Take care.
  • Yes, ditto here. Only "up" fund today was DLFNX. Just a penny, though. Bloodbath, otherwise. And maybe it will get worse before it gets better. But it will get better.

"now, come on, wall street, don't be slow---why man this is war a-go-go;
    there's plenty good money to be made, supplyin' the army with the tools of the trade;
    just hope and pray that when they drop the bomb, they drop it on the Vietcong."
    (-Country Joe & The Fish: "Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag.")

....Or the Syrians, or anywhere else.

...And from the Master of biting Satire:
    (LYRICS:) http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Political-Science-lyrics-Randy-Newman/E5E5C50CCA8ECFC048256A3700478B4C

SONG:
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: Wow Max. That Country Joe song brings back heartfelt memories. Some great songs came out of Woodstock. The lyrics that I remember most:

"...Come on mothers through out the land. Pack your boys off to Vietnam... be the firsts ones on your block to have your boy come home in a box".

I thank God the draft was winding down when I became eligible in '72.

"What are we fighting for, don't ask me I don't give a damn. The next stop is Vietnam..." I'll be humming that song all day now.
  • :)

Glad to hear we're on the same wavelength. And thanks for posting those additional lyrics.