Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DundeeWealth Funds to liquidate funds

edited August 2013 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1365151/000153442413000380/f13-0708.htm

DundeeWealth Funds

Dynamic Canadian Equity Income Fund
Class I Shares (Ticker: DWGIX)
Class II Shares (Ticker: DWGJX)
Institutional Shares (Ticker: DWGKX)

Dynamic Gold & Precious Metals Fund
Class I Shares (Ticker: DWGOX)
Class II Shares (Ticker: DWGPX )
Institutional Shares (Ticker: DWGQX )

(the “Funds”)

Supplement Dated August 30, 2013 to the Summary Prospectus, Statutory Prospectus and

Statement of Additional Information of the Funds Each Dated February 1, 2013

THIS SUPPLEMENT PROVIDES NEW AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BEYOND THAT CONTAINED IN THE SUMMARY PROSPECTUS, STATUTORY PROSPECTUS AND STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SUMMARY PROSPECTUS, STATUTORY PROSPECTUS AND STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Important Notice Regarding LIQUIDATION OF THE FUNDs

On August 30, 2013, the Board of Trustees of DundeeWealth Funds approved a Plan of Liquidation for the Funds (the “Plan”). Pursuant to the Plan, the Funds will be liquidated and terminated effective September 27, 2013. Prior to September 27, 2013, shareholders of the Funds may redeem their investment or exchange into another DundeeWealth Fund. All shareholders remaining in the Funds on September 27, 2013 will be liquidated and the proceeds sent to the address of record. In connection with the implementation of the Plan, the Funds will be closed to new investment effective at the close of business on August 30, 2013.

Please keep this Supplement with your records.

Comments

• Dundee is also divesting itself of four other funds. Of nearly 100 new launches this month, probably 10 were old funds that had to file as new legal entities as a result of being sold.

Hmmm ...

David
  • Here are some other Dundee funds resulting from reorganization/merger/liquidation:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1365151/000153442413000334/f13-0686.htm

Reorganization:

JOHCM Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund

Institutional Shares - JOEMX

Class I Shares - JOEIX

Class II Shares - JOEAX

JOHCM International Select Fund

Class I Shares - JOHIX

Class II Shares - JOHAX

JOHCM Global Equity Fund

Institutional Shares - JOGIX

Class I Shares - JOGEX

Class II Shares

liquidation:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1365151/000153442413000330/f13-0680.htm

Dynamic Contrarian Advantage Fund

• edited September 2013
    Too bad about DWGIX.

Despite good performance, it never really attracted AUM, here in the USA anyway.

It always bothered me that I never knew where the buck stopped in its advisory chain. Was it DundeeWealth, or GCIC (what does that stand for anyway), or Dynamic, or Bank of Nova Scotia? Maybe it bothered other folks as well.

If I remember, its manager runs a very similar fund with much larger AUM in Canada called simply Dynamic Equity Income Fund.