Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

American Quintessential Rascals?

edited August 2013 in Fund Discussions
AQR finally published Semiannual Report. Maybe they read MFO. Let's all read and decide what to do with our AQR holdings

http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/AQRFunds/Fund.aspx?cu=00203H826&dt=SAR

Doesn't say much to strategy, which is most aggravating. However, I think we should give them time to update their "Commentary" and "Quarterly Update". They better do this soon, because my button is poised on the sell trigger if I don't hear anything or hear BS.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Still no commentary...
  • edited September 2013
    Now they are just pissing me off. For the funds that have not screwed up, they have put up commentary, e.g. Diversified Arbitrage and for Managed Futures

However for ARCNX and AQRNX...nope. I hope they are not simply in damage control mode. My patience is really wearing thin.
  • edited October 2013
    Still no Q2 commentary from AQR. They really have no shame. Sold in my taxable. Will sell in my IRA soon.
  • The Multi-Strategy fund sure has a strong bet on Japan. Not sure which fund you have. I see 124 pages of report with no actual commentary. It is a bit disappointing. Communication between the fund managers and shareholders seems to be lacking here and I would be wary also.
  • edited October 2013
    I should I have clarified. I'm getting rid of ARCNX right now. I got hoodwinked into breaking my rule of buying narrowly focused funds. I should have known better in the first place. I'm still holding AQRNX expecting to sell offsetting losses in ARCNX. In any event ARCNX like exposure already in AQRNX.

And again, let's call it like we see it. Q2 commentary for other funds has been available for some time. These two funds are only ones they are not offering commentary for, and I smell a rat.