Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gundlach's DoubleLine Fund Has Third Month Of Net Redemptions

Comments

• Let me guess now. One day at a time we will get "news" bond funds at TRP, Fido, etc are also getting redemptions:-)

PIMCO, Doubleline. Who's next? Loomis Sayles? Metropolitan West?

Bottom line is each news article will generate revenue for the media and paycheck for the author.

"The sun rose in the east for the straight 6 Billionth Year". Now gimme my money !!!
  • edited September 2013
    Laugh............And NEVER do I hear a word about the "other" one: DLFNX. I did not want to follow the herd, so I chose to invest in it, rather than its "big brother."
  • Well, gee...all the lemmings that rushed into Mr. Poobah's fund over the last two years because it was getting 8-9% 'with no risk' are suddenly realizing that...DUH!...a bond fund can actually loose a bit of value.These are the same folks who had most of their money stashed on the sidelines for the prior 3 or 4 years. They are NOT investors. They are SAVERS who thought it was safe to go into the water, not bothering to read any disclosure material. After all, bonds are safe, right?

Yes, the press will tell us over the next few years that bond funds are seeing net redemptions, just as they told us for the last 3-4 years that money has been rushing into bonds. And, yes, the media did help to create the bond euphoria.
  • Reply to @BobC: You Are 100% Correct!!!!!