Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FMI Focus Fund to reorganize

edited September 2013 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1023391/000089706913000355/cg292.htm

497 1 cg292.htm
Filed Pursuant to Rule 497(e)
1933 Act File No. 333-12745
1940 Act File No. 811-07831

FMI Funds, Inc.

September 4, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FMI Focus Fund
Supplement to the Prospectus
dated January 31, 2013

This Supplement to the Prospectus, dated September 3, 2013, for the FMI Focus Fund, a series of FMI Funds, Inc., updates the Prospectus to include the information described below.

On September 3, 2013, Broadview Advisors, LLC reached a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets of Fiduciary Management, Inc. that relate to the management of the FMI Focus Fund (the “Fund”). It is proposed that the Fund will reorganize into the to-be-formed new Broadview Opportunity Fund, for which Broadview Advisors, LLC will serve as the investment advisor (Broadview currently serves as the sub-advisor to the Fund, with Fiduciary Management serving as the investment advisor). The reorganization still must be approved by the Fund’s Board of Directors, and, if approved by the Board, the reorganization will then be presented to shareholders of the Fund in a proxy statement for their approval at a special meeting of the shareholders. If approved by the Board and shareholders of the Fund, the reorganization is anticipated to close in November 2013.

This Supplement is not a solicitation of a proxy from shareholders of the Fund. Shareholders are urged to read the definitive proxy statement when it becomes available because it will contain important information about the solicitation, including information regarding the participants in the solicitation and their direct or indirect interests in the solicitation. Shareholders may obtain a copy of the definitive proxy statement (when available), free of charge, by writing to the Fund at 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2200, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, or by calling the Fund toll-free at 1-800-811-5311.

Investors Should Retain This Supplement for Future Reference

Comments

• I was looking at this fund for possible investment in. Good long term performance with same management.Top 32% or better for 1,3,5 and 10 years in the small blend category.

What can we read into the change? Possible change to a load fund or change NTF status? Closure of fund?

No 12b-1 fee and $1000.00 min. to purchase.

Art
  • Reply to @Art:
    FWIW, it appears to be the same management team except that the sub-advisor will become the investment advisor. If you are interested in the fund and if there any changes, you will be probably be grandfathered from the changes (examples of grandfathering funds are the Marketfield fund and Quaker Event Arbitrage Fund (Pennsylvania Avenue Event Drive Fund (PAEDX) investors were grandfathered from paying the front-end load of Quaker). I was one of the individuals that owned PAEDX prior to the reorganization. Also have to see how Provident Trust mutual fund (FMIRX changed to PROVX) changed once it was reorganized.

Will have to wait to November 2013 proxy statement for more information.
  • Thanks for the heads up Shadow. Own FMI Focus in a number of family accounts and it has been as strong as goat breath. Morningstar slots FMIOX as small blend which is true enough but not the whole story. Actually is somewhat balanced between all six style boxes in mid cap and small cap equity. Both the sub-advisor and the advisor are solid citizens so hopefully changes will be minor and few in number.
  • Remember folks. WHEN vs WHAT:)

Keep it on your radar. It had been dawdling, has come to life now. Good timing. Besides FMI has been divesting outside managed funds like PROVX. And there was a time when FMIVX was also divested.

Broadview is being smart about timing this move. Small Cap fund, with good performance. Buyer Beware. My 2 cents. Wait patiently for it and/or market to tank. Then buy-hold for 10, 15, 20 years. That is only way people have made money investing in mutual funds IMHO.
  • I wondered why FMI does not include FMI Focus in their quarterly statement that included FMIHX, FMIMX, FMIJX. It looks like FMIOX was a step-child of the family.
  • Reply to @Investor: What?! How dare you !!! FMIHX and FMIOX were half brothers. Nothing as scandalous as you are suggesting:P
  • edited September 2013
    Reply to @Investor: Agree.

Recently invested into FMI a couple months ago and when I received their statement (which was printed on nice paper, almost didnt wanna throw it away), was disappointed FMIOX was not included, as I was/am thinking about investing in it for lack of clear cut solid options in the small-cap space that suit my portfolio's needs.
  • Thank you to TheShadow for posting this