Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Master Limited Partnerships: Do you have any favorites?

edited April 2011 in Off-Topic
Thought it would be okay to post the question here since it really isn't mutual fund related.

Do you have any favorites? I have APU.

Comments

• Although I wouldn't be a buyer of any of them right now I have MMP, KMR and EPD the latter two being arguably the giants in that space. Although they could go higher in price all of them seem to be priced to perfection and I'm waiting for a pullback before I'd buy more. At that time I'd just add to thee ones I already own.
  • Hi, Lisa:
    I currently have two MLPs: Terra Nitrogen TNH which has done really well since last June when I bought it, and Global Partners GLP, which has done OK.
    I have another place in taxable money for an additional MLP or two, and am looking at Suburban Propane SPH, and KinderMorgan KMP on pullbacks.
    Also, there's an interesting IPO coming on today: CVR Partners UAN, and we'll see what happens to the price.
    BTW, this is the first year I've had to deal with the tax issue on MLP's, and found that TurboTax Premium walked through it no sweat. Just so ya know:)
  • I have Suburban Propane and Amerigas.
  • hi lisa
    I think I've listed these in the past... I own EVEP [EV energy partner], great company w/ good high yearly yield
    I believe ETF is AMJ - JPMorgan Alerian MLP Index ETN
    these are highly correlate w/ oil & commodities and very volatile. As long as we have a nice reasonable recovery upswings, these are great to own.
    I would SELL 'EM QUICKLY if we are heading toward another recessions/depression
    regards