Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

[LIP] 401(k) Law Suppresses Savings for Retirement

edited July 2011 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the link.

An interesting write; and I may have missed the fact(s) that many workers, aside from perhaps becoming more
    frugal and opting to pay down debt(s) have also had much higher health care plan rates with which to pay upon.

Health care plan costs and higher out of pocket health plan expenses, along with the fact that many workers also
    have not had pay increases in the past 10 years that allow their wages to keep pace with real inflation.

There is more to this situation than was presented from the data of the various organizations mentioned in the story;
    including the fact that investing in the "markets" has lost much of its appeal to many young investors. Also related
    is whether a married working couple now only has one income earner and the household budget is depleted for
    more than the normal living expenses.

I will conclude with the notion that the vast majority of the working public are ignorant of how to manage and/or
    handle their monies; be it for a monthly budget or investments.

Obviously, I was not very impressed with the "investigative" nature of the story.
    I do believe a 10th grader could have performed a better write using the proper
    questions to the proper folks.

Regards,
    Catch