Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Q&A With Dona Emery, Manager, Dodge & Cox Income Fund; Video

Comments

• * I had to hunt for that particular link. It's on the left, after scrolling down quite a ways. I'm not in DODIX, but it is so solid and respectable and reliable over time, I use it to compare other funds against it.
  • edited September 2013
    Interesting in that D&C generally shuns this type publicity and is known more for a team-based management concept. Dispels my old notion of 5-6 bespectacled old gents, clad in outdated brown suits, puffing cigars in a dimly-lit room making all the big strategic calls over there:-) Interview itself wasn't remarkable. She talked the talk and walked the walk as any highly competent fixed income analyst would. Don't expect to uncover much in investing tips. Signaling future intent would be unwise. The less other bond market participants know about how D&C might position this huge fund's fixed income holdings, the better it is for them and their clients.

Disclosure: I've owned this fund for many years.
  • Yes, I do believe you're right on-target, Hank. I had the same feeling while listening.