Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Global Minimum Volatility Fund in registration

Comments

• Wonder who will be the sub-advisor?
  • Reply to @Sven: The Vanguard PR answered that question - no submanagers, the fund will be managed by Vanguard’s Equity Investment Group. Since it's not an index fund, that means it's a quant fund.

One can confirm this by reading the prospectus Shadow provided:
    Although the Fund is managed solely by Vanguard, the Fund reserves the right to utilize a multi-manager approach in the future.

The investments managed by [Vanguard’s Equity Investment Group] include active quantitative equity funds, [and] equity index funds.

The managers primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund are:
    James D. Troyer, CFA, Principal of Vanguard. ...
    James P. Stetler, Principal of Vanguard. ...
    Michael R. Roach, CFA, Portfolio Manager. He has been with Vanguard since 1998 ...
  • I think V'rd Quant team. That is what they mentioned under advisory/mgmt team in prospectus filed
  • Bandwagon or just what the doctor ordered?
    May behave like cwgfx which is a good fund albeit with a load.
  • Can't argue with the costs and the ratio of world vs US seems right. May not have enough EM exposure, but the quants may select large companies with good EM components. Based on my Tweedy-Browne hedged vs unhedged performance, unhedged has won for the past few years, but the low costs may compensate.
    While I suspect Vanguard would have emailed me or done something to attract my interest, I'll thank the Shadow and Ted for the heads up.