Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

China, EU currency swap agreement

Comments

• edited October 2013
    I continue to think that people have to be globally diversified. China working together with other countries to encourage global use of the RMB is not an indicator of a serious decline of the dollar, but it would appear that China continues to reach out to other countries and diversify their investments yet further. According to the FT, trading in the RMB has doubled this year. (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/236651ca-3185-11e3-817c-00144feab7de.html#axzz2hK2Mn3GA)

As I noted in another thread, I think cannot coast on the goodwill of the rest of the world. We have to continue to demonstrate why they should continue to value economic ties with the US. Our government and their actions should encourage foreign nations to invest with the US, not slowly continue to diversify their investments away from it (as China continues to do.)