Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

China Overtakes US as Biggest Oil Importer

Comments

• More Canadian Oil for Asia if Approved
    The Canadian prime minister remained upbeat about Canada’s chances to snag a growing share of Asia-Pacific trade, which he made a top priority three years ago.

“It is no international secret that the rise of Asia is on the minds of all of us,” Harper said. “It will be one of the dominant realities of the coming century. It is one of the reasons we continue to put a greater emphasis on Asian relations.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/06/malaysias-state-owned-energy-giant-to-spend-36b-building-gas-plant-pipeline-in-canada/
  • edited October 2013
    Reply to @TSP_Transfer: I do like/am looking at more investments in Canadian energy transport. I think Canada does have a plan regarding Asia as a continued (and likely continually greater) customer of oil and other resources. Additionally, I think Asia sees Canada as a politically stable non-US oil source who appears to be rather welcoming to Asian investment (see CNOOC/Nexen).