Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investors Hoarding Cash, Miss Stock Market Rally Dispite Adviser Efforts

Comments

• edited October 2013
    personally, i like to hear this. to me, all it can mean is the market has a lot more room to move on the upside.
  • edited October 2013
    I keep waiting for a pullback to buy funds and CEF's on my watch list .Here's plenty of reason$$ why that hasn't happened!
    $277 billion into stock funds so far this year; highest since 2000
    October 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
    About one-sixth of that money has been invested this month. TrimTabs says the net $45.5 billion through Oct. 25 is the fifth-highest monthly inflow on record. (The two biggest monthly numbers also came this year: $66.3 billion in January and $55.3 billion in July).

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/29/277-billion-into-stock-funds-so-far-this-year-highest-since-2000/
  • Investors are doing fine. Unlike at 2000 and 2007 market tops, they have learnt not to give 100% of their money to advisors. Looks like advisors not earning enough money to buy BMWs and vacation homes, prompting that article. It is THEY who are doing bad because people increasingly don't need them, because contrary to popular belief, investors are getting smarter.