Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

This Week's Top Bond Market Stories: As Of 11/2/13

Comments

• edited November 2013
    There's interesting stuff here, yet enough of it is sufficiently contradictory so as to leave the reader simply wondering if doing nothing is the best option. I just used M* Instant X-Ray on my portfolio, which I do every once in a while:
    Cash 2%
    US 9%
    Foreign 43%
    (TOTAL equities--- all in mutual funds = 52%)
    Bonds 44%

The plurality of my stock funds (28%) lands within Morningstar's LARGE VALUE box.
    My EXPENSES come to 1.04%, better than the M* hypothetical, similar portfolio, at 1.40%.

Further break-down and dissection:
    US equities: 9%
    Canada: 7.55%
    Latin Amer. 0.86%
    UK 3.23%
    Dev. Eur 0.21%
    Emerg Eur 0.72%
    Africa/Middle East 5.11%
    Japan 15.55%
    Ausralia, NZ 8.40%
    Dev. Asia 21.64%
    Emerg Asia 27.73%

Japan is always singled-out, but if you combine all Asian/Australian/NZ positions, it comes to 73.32% of stocks owned.)

I'm barbelling with PREMX and MAPIX at each end, the others are much smaller. I did just add $1,000 to MAINX lately, so it shows up with $4,000+ rather than in the $3,000+ neighborhood, where all the others are. USA bonds are with DLFNX, and whatever MAPOX (balanced fund) is holding.

I believe I will harvest profits from MSCFX after year-end pay-outs and deposit it into MAPOX. I may do the same with profits from TRAMX, depositing those profits into PREMX. Still thinking about starting a new position in PRWCX. But my MAPOX covers that base, already, no?