Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Source Capital Gets Morningstar's Gold

Comments

• It's the closed-end version of F P A Perennial. Both FPPFX and SOR are Gold-rated and currently three star. The investment discipline is to focus on high quality, domestic mid-cap growth stocks. Two differences: SOR has a slightly lower e.r. and its currently selling at a 10% discount to its NAV. Oddly, that seems fairly common for the fund.

For what it's worth,

David
  • M*'s CEF discussion group had this to say about the fund for what it's worth.

http://socialize.morningstar.com/NewSocialize/forums/p/329878/3464889.aspx#3464889
  • Reply to @Mark: Hi, Mark!

Thanks for the heads-up. I posted a short note onto the Morningstar thread, which might be the first time I've done that. I think the posters, as a whole, might have been off-track on two topics: the prospects that Ende & Geist were getting squeezed out (they're not, they seem just to be off-loading Paramount) and the claim that E&G are "deep value" investors (they describe their discipline as "quality growth"),

David