Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Veterans Day Salute

MJG
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
Hi Guys,

I wanted to take a moment to offer a salute and a prayer to those brave and resourceful men and women who serve and have served in our military. Thank you for your commitment and dedication.

From the grim days at Valley Forge through the hell of the beach assaults on D-Day to the present uncertain challenges, we have always relied on the courage and integrity of both our professional military organizations and our citizen soldiers. Napoleon’s Grand Army was long ago superceded by the effectiveness and power of our Grand Armies.

Congratulations to all of us. The continued freedom of the United States of America is secure in all their faithful hands and strong hearts.

I’ll end by proudly shouting the motto of the military team that I served with all those many years ago: Follow Me.

Please add to this posting with the mottos of the units that you served with.

God Bless the US military. Happy Veterans Day.

Comments

• I was just down in Beaufort, SC near Parris Island last month. Reminded me of my dad---before I was born--- torturing those recruits. Dad was a D.I.

I will go as far as to say that we must honor the service of all those who have served. Credit where it's due! Straight up, no kidding.