Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

My Funds Had A Great Day: Hope Your's Did Too

TedTed
edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
FYI:
Regards,
Ted
PONCX 06:25pm EST 12.32 +0.03 +0.24% 0

PBDCX 06:25pm EST 10.64 +0.04 +0.38% 0

SPY 04:00pm EST 179.27 +0.89 +0.50%

IJH 04:00pm EST 130.55 +0.45 +0.35%

PRHSX 06:25pm EST 59.22 +0.33 +0.56%

PFF 04:00pm EST 37.92 +0.06 +0.16%

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Hello,

Usually, my reconfigured portfolio trails the Lipper Balanced Index in an uptrending market as I have continued to dial my risk back as most valuations have increased. However, today I matched it's performance by also being up 0.38%. With the large cash position that I hold I am extremely thrilled to match the upward performance of my bogey today. Below are my top three leaders for each area of my portfolio along with their percentages. The portfolio Xrays differently than what I have listed as alternatives are not broken out in this format. I currently hold a total of about fifty funds.

My Growth Area (20%) & Leaders: DEMAX +1.39%, THDAX +1.38% & NEWFX +0.77%

My Growth & Income Area (35%) & Leaders: SPQAX +0.70%, SVAAX +0.69% & TIBAX +0.49%

My Income Area (25%) & Leaders: PASAX +0.57%, FKINX +0.42% & PGBAX +0.35%

My Cash Area (20%) & Leaders: Cash 0.00%

Looks like emerging markets had a good run yesterday as they were the top performers in the Growth Area. In the Growth & Income Area it looks like equity income had a good run both domestic and global. In the Income Area it was hybrid income funds that were the better performers.

Have a good evening Ted ... and, thanks for all the links you bring to the board. It is much appreciated.

Cordially,
    Old_Skeet

Note: The above has been updated as more current fund performance information became available reflecting yesterday's closing prices.

In checking the foreign markets this morning (11/15) both Greater Europe & Asia were up strong across the board. For the States the futures are now indicating that we will open up. So, it looks like it is going to be another fine day for most investors. Don't think the shorts will fair very well ... Might find some of them having to cover.

Have a "Great Day" ... and, I wish all "Good Investing."
  • edited November 2013
    Ted,
    I finally surpassed my previous portfolio record high set on 10/28.Also a good day for foreign and precious metal funds, which have been an anchor.Like you say,don't fight the fed! Kenny Polcari this AM:
    "Stocks are moving higher because the FED is feeding the beast, investors have nowhere else to go for yield, that they are forcing the risk trade and not because everything is coming up roses….and that about sums it up -the sign says: More Stimulus Ahead…"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/14/markets-precious-idUSL4N0IZ2P420131114

From Reuters BY WAYNE COLE
    SYDNEY Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:53pm EST
    The Nikkei .N225 jumped 1.3 percent early Friday to bring its gains for the week so far to a heady 6.9 percent, its best performance since December 2009. It also cracked major chart resistance around 15,000, which opened the way for a return to the May peak at 15,942.60.
  • 'Yours', please.
  • SIGIX, up.
    DODGX, up.
    FAAFX, up.
    BAC, up.
    HES, up.
    HK, up.

Another good day.
  • i always fret over these threads. if i recall correctly, the last time there was the opposite title -- none of my funds went up today -- that pretty much marked at least a temporary bottom. could this, then, mark some kind of top? i both hope not and hope so. there are some stocks I want -- ABC, CAH, MCK -- that i just can't stand to buy at new-high levels.
  • edited November 2013
    Fine enough day, with FIS and ABC as highlights. Made the decision not to add anymore or sell anything more. Much like linter and ABC/MCK/CAH, I just don't want to add with the market having moved the way it has. Will revisit after 1/1. Market has just gotten ahead of itself (and may very well get further ahead of itself.)