Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Another Week, Another New High...Getting To Be Like The '90s!

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
SPY now up over 28% YTD. Here are numbers through Friday:

US bonds up too after Ms. Yellen's testimony, but still under 200 day average. Here are updated numbers through Friday for AGG:

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Well ... if it's really like the 90s then that means Joe Kernen and that crew at cnbc might start pulling some top afternoon ratings again -:)

Yes - remember the 90s well. I was a year or two early pulling $$ out of the market, but eventually was rewarded.
  • edited November 2013
    Reply to @hank: Some popular recurring video channels on Youtube ("Epic Meal Time" being a prime example, which has nearly 6 million subscribers - it had 1.5M in 2011.) probably have a larger audience than some of CNBC's shows.

CNBC really needs to reinvent itself a little. I think Kernan is unintentionally hilarious - politics aside, watching him it's very clear that he's bored. He's just tossing around one-liners and not taking it seriously.
  • Hi scott,
    Perhaps he may be bored, related to this.
    I'll have to take the word of truth related to the site and information.

Take care,
    Catch