Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ron Rowland's Weekly Newsletter "Invest With An Edge" and "Leadership Strategy" Report

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
This week’s newsletter it titled “Fed on Hold” and is linked below for your reading enjoyment. In addition, Mr. Rowland’s Leadership Strategy report of 11/18/2013 is also linked.

http://investwithanedge.com/newsletter-archives/112013-fed-on-hold

http://investwithanedge.com/leadership-strategy

Hope you enjoy.

Old_Skeet

Comments

• TedTed
    edited November 2013
    Dear Old Skeet: I was waiting for you to link, I almost pulled the trigger.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited November 2013
    Mister Skeet,

Uh, I'm a bit confused.
    In the newsletter under investment style it puts large and mega stocks on top, yet in the strategy bulletin, they do a 180 and say small stocks are where it's at.
    Whom to believe?
    Should I read between the lines and stick to the broad index and be "average"? (which of course hasn't been too bad these days)
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Will,

I can not speak for Mr. Rowland so I am writting based upon my observations. The Leadership Strategy trigger seems to be slower moving than the Newsletter triggers. In this way, it cuts down on the number of trades that are made. I look at both and from there digest what is right for me. There is a link, I think, where you can email and contact Mr. Rowland and ask him about this. It would be interesting to see what he has to say.

Sometimes, I seem to find conflicting views myself. Take this weeks Golbal Edgde where he writes that Europe has the top ranking but list China as first. Go figure. In addition, he writes that Latain America dropped two spots to 7th but last week they were reported in the graph section to be in last place and this week they moved into 10th place, up a notch, in the graph. Go figure again. Seems, even the professionals get things mixed up, in their writting, form time-to-time.

I figure it was a miss-write ... and, look to see what he has to say next week.

Best regards,
    Old_Skeet
  • Will follow up, OS. Thanks!